Twitter / SageYarn

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New (beautiful) Yarns

I'm really excited to show you all our latest new yarns which include an organic cotton and fingering weight merino! Take a look:

From Mirasol Yarns we have 2 beautiful cottons~

Samp’a – $6.99
100% Naturally Dyed Organic Cotton
120 yds/50g – 22sts/28 rows to 4” on US 6
Hand wash, dry flat, may be dry cleaned, cool iron

T’ika – $6.49
100% Pima Cotton
91 yds/50g – 22sts/28 rows to 4” on US 6
Hand wash, dry flat, may be dry cleaned, cool iron

I personally have several summer knits on my to-do list that like DK weight yarn. I had no idea, though, what yarn I was going to pick for them - until NOW! My only problem will be deciding on a color....

And from GGH we have a fingering weight superwash Merino~

Merino Soft – 8.95
100% Extra Fine Superwash Merino Wool
185 yds/50g – 27sts/36 rows to 4” on US 2-3
Machine wash gentle, lay flat to dry, do not bleach, cool iron

This is a skinny yarn but don't be scared. I've had this yarn in my head since I started working at the store in May and have a lot of ideas for it. It would be great for trying out colorwork, like fair isle knitting, for making babies things (machine wash!) or for crocheting lacy stoles. I have some baby booties on my to-do list & I'll show you when I got those done. Super cute!

Also, all of our spring magazines are coming in and they've been really inspiring with their bright colors and simple yet flattering and fun designs. We have Interweave Knits & Knit Scene, Vogue Knitting & Knit Simple, Knitter's Magazine, Creative Knitting, Interweave Crochet, Defining Crochet! and Rebecca Magazine.





You might not have seen Rebecca before so let me introduce you. Rebecca magazine is produced by GGH/Muench and so uses all GGH yarns, of which we have Soft Kid, Aspen, Bel Air, Merino Soft, Boulino, Scarlett and Safari. It is a European magazine and reflects a fashion-forward style but not in a crazy "runway fashion show" kind of way. It only comes out twice a year and so in one issue you will get patterns for two seasons. The issue pictured covers February through July:


43 Designs!!

This is Issue #36, but we also have a few others for you to browse. Come on in and flip through them to see if you like anything :-)

Have fun with the string & if you have any questions let me know,
Jen

No comments: