Twitter / SageYarn

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Classes

Every week we have a dozen customers asking whether we offer classes. We do! This fall we're really stepping up our class selection and variety. We now have seven teachers scheduled in for fall classes. I am so excited about this and I hope you are also!

Back when I got back "in" to yarn, in college, I started out crocheting. My boss at work crocheted and I thought, "Hey, that's neat! I want to try that." A stitch dictionary brought me to a dozen crocheted scarves and a ridiculously heavy bobbled afghan for my sister. Then I picked up my knitting needles again. I wanted a scarf. And then a hat. And then socks. And then a sweater. And each thing I learned led to the next thing I *wanted* to learn.

This is my absolute FAVORITE thing about working with yarn. There is always something new to learn. Even when you think you know everything or have tried everything you stumble upon something different that you just need to try. This is what we hope to become for you, here at Sage. We want to be a place that not only inspires you, but also helps you acquire the skills you need to do anything you want to do. A "center for learning" seems too highfalutin' a phrase, but we hope with our humble little classroom, to become a conduit for the great information of the yarn world to pass through... from person to person, one yarn lover at a time.


Please give all of our new teachers a warm welcome this fall by signing up for your favorite class. They all have been writing patterns and instructions, making class samples and are really excited to be here! It's time try that project you've always been a bit nervous about :) You can view the calendar and class descriptions by clicking here, and you can sign up by giving the store a phone call at 508-457-9513.

1 comment:

matina said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic. com . I can breathe much better and It feels comfortable!