Twitter / SageYarn

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alpaca-success!

I am not married, but I have heard many brides say that remember very little of their wedding day - the day they had been working towards over the length of their engagement (sometimes years!).

I have almost no specific memories of Alpacapalooza... I was there, I said hi to a lot of people, met some other people I hadn't met before, I fetched yarn from the back room, answered questions, gave advice... but it was such a whirlwind weekend!!

I do know it was very successful and everyone who has talked to me has told me how much fun it was. I am SO GLAD!! I love being able to make your day! I hope you went home with some good freebies and are petting your little yarn samples.

For those of you who couldn't make it - I know there will be more in our future. As I get deeper and deeper into this business I hope to reach out to our community more and more. (Next on my to-do list: a charity something-or-other (if you have ideas, I'd love to hear them!)). Here are a few photos of the set-up from the weekend:


I don't have any photos of people - as soon as they got here I was in a daze :-) Anyone have any photos to share? Someone took a photo of me at one point.

SO
THANK YOU!
for coming to our little event! It's a big deal to us, and especially to me, to see everyone so happy (and even just to SEE everyone all in one place, people drove from all over!) and know that we could make that happen for you! :-D

Have fun with your yarn!

Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, love the charity idea! There are infant caps, chemo caps, prayer shawls, Duduza African dolls (fun), or a mitten tree - maybe set up at the library - endless opportunities! Let me know when and where and I will be there!

Lisa

Dee said...

Alpacapalooza was awesome, Jen!! I had a blast and got some wonderfully pettable yarn. :) Thanks for another wonderful event. Can't wait for the next one. :)