Twitter / SageYarn

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 Begins

Happy New Year everyone!

I survived 2007. At the end of each year I always feel like I should make myself a t-shirt that says “I survived *2007*” or whatever year just ended. And when people ask me what I survived – a natural disaster? A debilitating injury? – I can say “I survived Everything. Whatever life threw at me, I got through it and I’m still here!”

We have our January Newsletter and a brand new Class Calendar, both of which you can print and hang on your refrigerator with next to your New Year’s Resolutions (anyone else eating healthy and exercising this year?) Email me if you need either one sent to you!** They'll be going out tomorrow, Jan 2nd, after I get back to the store and verify a few things (oh, I've been on vacation!)

I get really excited about getting packages at the store so let me show you what was in the most recent round:

From Southwest Trading Company we have Yin, Yang and Love. Yin and Yang are related yarns- They have the same base yarn but Yang has an added thread of sequins plied with it. Yin & Yang Base Yarn: 60% Wool/20% Silk/20% Bamboo; 5 sts = 1" US 6; approx: 50g/150m; hand wash gently, dry flat

Love is part of the Vicky Howell Collection: 30% Silk 70% Bamboo; 5 sts and 7 rows = 1" on US 7 (4.5mm); 90m / 50g ball; hand wash, dry flat. I really can't wait to knit with this yarn - it feels like pure luxury!


From Berroco we have Ultra Alpaca Light. This Yarn has the same great fiber combo of Ultra Alpaca but in a lighter weight for Spring and Fall cardigans or lighter weight accessories. We paired up our color selections with the worsted Ultra Alpaca and they are pictured together, here: 50% Super Fine Alpaca/50% Peruvian Highland Wool; 1.75oz/50g; 144 yds/133m; 5.75 sts = 1” on US 5 (3.75mm); hand wash in cool water, lay flat to dry.
From Opal we have sock yarn from the Rainforest 3 and Hundertwasser colorways. Please click on the links for ultra fine photos of the colors on the Opal website. This yarn was fun to even put on the shelf - I can't wait to see your creations!

From Plymouth we have a new sock yarn Happy Feet which comes in great “hand dyed” look colors. 90% Superwash Merino Wool/10% Nylon; 192yd/50g; 8sts=1", US 2; hand wash and dry flat.

And, last but not least, from Lobster Pot Yarns we have hand-dyed Cashmere and Natural Cashmere. This 100% Cashmere is simply gorgeous and is dyed in Lobster Pots right here on Cape Cod: 100% cashmere; 50 grams; 100 yards; 4.5 stitches per inch on US 8




I’ve already brainstormed some really great projects with these yarns – perhaps that will be my next post!

Have fun with the string,

Jen

**There are some people who signed up on our handwritten list at the store whose email addresses are bouncing back to me. If you signed up and aren’t getting emails send me a quick one asking to be on the mailing list!

No comments: