Twitter / SageYarn

Saturday, January 5, 2008

On the Needles

One of our yarn reps recently told me that I will never knit for myself ever again. She was very adamant about it, "Everything you make from now on will be for the store." She's an awesome rep - so full of information and energy and we love to sit with her and pick out yarn. But, as badly as the store needs sample garments, I will always have something on the needles/hook for myself.


I'm old enough to know that life is what you make of it. Even if I have obligations and responsibilities, I have to make time for the thing I love and keeps me sane, Right? (even if it means neglecting other not-so-important stuff, like housework) So here's my project for ME:

The Hourglass Sweater from
Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Knit in Malabrigo Merino Worsted, Sapphire Green color #4

It's almost done now and I'll post more details/thoughts/commentary with the finished photos!

All things in balance - here's my store knitting: LuceFrom The Norah Gaughan Collection Vol. 1, from Berroco
Knit in Pure Merino Nuance

I'm knitting it in the charcoal-to-silver-gray colorway (8634). Pure Merino Nuance shades like that all by itself and it's been a joy to knit with so far.

There are a couple sweater designs from the same book that I want to make for the store and I'm having trouble deciding which to do (I'll probably only have the knitting time for one) Here's Chantal, knit in Ultra Alpaca Light for the lower body and lower sleeves and Ultra Alpaca for the rest (this is why we bought matching colors of Ultra Al and Ultra Al light!):

And here's Anais, in Ultra Alpaca Light:
Which one should I do? And what color!? hehe Make my decision for me!!

And for my last bit of dreaming I think I have to make this tank in Yin and Yang - I love the combination of solid body with a little bit of sequin detail:

The Silken Cowl Tank designed by Zoe Valette
from Sensual Knits by Yahira Ferreira

I just think it's so pretty and feminine and is an awesome way to work sequins into your wardrobe!!

I'm hoping to get a crochet project (or two!) going soon. We'll see what falls out of my head later.


Have fun with the string,
Jen

No comments: